19. Daniel Debroy, Katie Dongmei Li-Oakey, and John Oakey, Engineering Functional Hydrogel Microparticles Interfaces by Controlled Oxygen-Inhibited Photopolymerization, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2019, 180, 371–375. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2019.05.001.
18. Jiashi Yin, Phuoc Hoang-Hanh Duong, Shuai Tan, Katie Dongmei Li-Oakey, Two-dimensional molybdenum disulfide based membranes for ionic liquids separation, Separation and Purification Technology 226 (2019), 109-116.
17. Shuai Tan, Theodore John Kraus, Katie Dongmei Li-Oakey, Understanding the Supercapacitor Properties of Electrospun Carbon Nanofibers from Powder River Basin Coal, Fuel 245 (2019), 148-159.
16. Carboxyl-functionalized covalent organic framework as a two-dimensional nanofiller for mixed-matrix ultrafiltration membranes. Phuoc H.H. Duong, Valerie A. Kuehl, Bruce Mastorovich, John O. Hoberg, Bruce A. Parkinson, Katie D. Li-Oakey. Journal of Membrane Science 574 (2019) 338–348. DOI: 10.1016/j.memsci.2018.12.042.
15. A Highly Ordered Nanoporous, Two-Dimensional Covalent Organic Framework with Modifiable Pores, and Its Application in Water Purification and Ion Sieving. Valerie A. Kuehl, Jiashi Yin, Phuoc H. H. Duong, Bruce Mastorovich, Brian Newell, Katie Dongmei Li-Oakey, Bruce A. Parkinson, and John O. Hoberg, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 18200−18207. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.8b11482.
14. Elucidation of Titanium Dioxide Nucleation and Growth on a Polydopamine-Modified Nanoporous Polyvinylidene Fluoride Substrate via Low-Temperature Atomic Layer Deposition, Audra DeStefano, Jiashi Yin, Theodore J. Kraus, Bruce A. Parkinson, and Katie Dongmei Li-Oakey, ACS Omega, 3 (2018), 10493−10502. DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.8b00864.
13. Reducing the Scaling Potential of Oil and Gas Produced Waters with Integrated Accelerated Precipitation Softening and Microfiltration, Jonathan A. Brant, Dongmei Li and Jennifer Hegarty, J. of Water Technology and Treatment Methods, 2018; 1(4):118.
12. Performance evaluation of platinum-molybdenum carbide nanocatalysts with ultralow platinum loading on anode and cathode catalyst layers of proton exchange membrane fuel cells, Shibely Saha, José Andrés Cabrera Rodas, Shuai Tan and Dongmei Li, J. of Power Sources, 378 (2018), p.742-749. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2017.12.062.
11. Interfacially-mediated oxygen inhibition for precise and continuous poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate (PEGDA) particle fabrication. D. Debroy, J. Oakey, D. Li, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, (accepted), doi: 10.1016/j.jcis.2017.09.081
10. Enhancing oxygen storage capability and catalytic activity of lanthanum oxysulfide (La2O2S) nanocatalysts by sodium- and iron/sodium- doping. S. Tan, D. Li, ChemCatChem, (accepted), doi: 10.1002/cctc.201701117
9. Enhancing catalytic activity of lanthanide oxysulfate (La2O2SO4/Pr2O2SO4) via facile manipulation of nanoscale catalyst synthesis process and reactor configuration. S. Tan, D. Li, Applied Catalysis A: General, 2017, 544, 55-65, doi: 10.1016/j.apcata.2017.07.015
8. Active site and electronic structure elucidation of Pt nanoparticles supported on phase-pure Molybdenum Carbide nanotubes. S. Tan, L. Wang, S. Saha, R. Fushimi, D. Li, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9(11), 9815-9822, doi: 10.1021/acsami.7b01217
8. Cytocompatible cell encapsulation via hydrogel photopolymerization in microfluidic emulsion droplets. B Xia, Z. Jiang, D. Debroy, D. Li, J. Oakey, Biomicrofluidics, 2017, 11, doi: 10.10631/1.4993122
7. Hydrogel-based janus structures for asymmetrical aster nucleation. K. Nelson, D. Debroy, R. McBride, D. Levy, J. Gatlin, D. Li, J. Oakey, Instrumentation Society of Americal (ISA) Biomed. Sci. Instrum., 2017.
6. Nano-scale sulfur-tolerant lanthanide oxysulfide/oxyfulfate catalysts for water-gas-shift reaction in novel reactor configuration. S. Tan, S. Paglieri, D. Li, Catalysis Communications, 2016, 5, 16-21, doi: 10.1016/j.catcom.2015.1.007
5. Probing synergetic effects between platinum nanoparticles deposited via atomic layer deposition and molybdenum carbide nanotube support through surface characterization and device performance. S. Saha, B. Martin, B. Leonard, D. Li, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2016, 4, 9253-9265.
4. Surface characterizationand Pt-like electrocatalytic activity of nano-scale platinum deposited on transitional metal carbide nanotubes via atomic layer deposition. S. Saha, Z. Witters, B. Leonard, D. Li, ECS Trans, 2015, 69, 77-89.
3. Application of Polymer-Coated Metal-Insulator-Semiconductor Sensors in Detection of Dissolved Hydrogen, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, Applied Physics Letters, 88, p.233507, 2006.
2. Effects of Membrane Coating on the Response of Metal-Insulator-Semiconductor (MIS) Sensors, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, R. Bastasz and T. McDaniel, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 115, p.86-92, 2006.
1. Membrane Formation via Solid-Liquid Thermally Induced Phase Separation (TIPS) - Model Development and Validation, Dongmei Li, R. L. Sani, A. R. Greenberg and W. B. Krantz, Journal of Membrane Science, 279, p.50-60, 2006.
1. Fabrication and Characterization of Membranes from New Families of Nitrogen-Containing
Nanoporous Graphitic Materials, Jiashi Yin, Eric T. Herrera, Jordan F. Brophy, Bruce Parkinson, John
Hoberg and Dongmei Li, in preparation.
2. Continuous Fabrication of Shape-controlled Micro- and Nano- scale Hydrogel Particles Exploiting
Oxygen Inhibition at Oil-Water Interfaces, Daniel DeBroy, John Oakey and Dongmei Li, in
3. A Facile Upgrading Pathway to High-value chemical feedstocks from coal: Carbon Fiber Fabrication
from Coal via Green Chemistry, Shuai Tan and Dongmei Li, in preparation.
4. Oxygen Reduction Reaction Study of Transition Metal Carbide Catalysts, Jose Cabrera, Shuai Tan and
Dongmei Li, in preparation.
1. Surface Characterization and Pt-like electrocatalytic activity of Nano-Scale Platinum Deposited on Transition Metal Carbide Nanotubes Via Atomic Layer Deposition, Electrochemical Society (ECS) Transactions, October, 2015.
2. Fabrication of Compact Catalytic Membrane Reactor Using Nanosize Catalysts and Atomic Layer Deposition, Shuai Tan, Steve Paglieri, Shannon Mahurin and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of AIChE 2014, Atlanta, GA, November, 2014.
3. Particle Size and Support Effect of Platinum Catalyst in a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell, Shibely Saha and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of AIChE 2014, Atlanta, GA, November, 2014.
4. Promotion Effect of Transition Metal Carbide Support on ALD-Deposited Platinum Nanoparticles in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells, Shibely Saha and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of Gordon Research Conferences on Fuel Cells, Smithfield, RI, August, 2014.
5. Membrane Process Development To Address High TDS Challenges In Treating Hydraulic Fracturing Waters, Proceedings of Gordon Research Conferences on Membrane Materials and Processes, Dongmei Li and Jonathan Brant, New London, NH, July, 2014.
6. co-Catalyst Modified Nafion® Membrane Pprepared viaby Ultrasonic Accumist Spray technique for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Application, Shibely Saha and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of NAMS 2014, Houston, TX, June, 2014.
7. Fabrication of Catalytic Micro-Membrane Reactor (CMMR) Using Nanosize Catalysts and Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Shuai Tan, Stephen N. Paglieri, Shannon Mahurin and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of NAMS 2014, Houston, TX, June, 2014
8. Particle Size and Support Effects of Platinum Catalyst on Proton Exchange Fuel Cells, Proceedings of Western Catalysis Conference, Albuquerque, Shibely Saha and Dongmei Li, NM, March, 2014.
9. Lanthanide Oxysulfide Micro-Membrane Reactor (MMR) for Hydrogen Production, Shuai Tan, Stephen N. Paglieri, Shannon Mahurin and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of Western States Catalysis Conference, Albuquerque, NM, March, 2014.
10. Surface Modification of Transition Metal Carbide Nanoparticles Via Atomic Layer Deposition for Energy Applications, Shibely Saha and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of AIChE 2013, San Francisco, CA, November, 2013.
11. Integration of Accelerated Precipitation Softening - Microfiltration (APS-MF) Assembly to Maximize Water Recovery from the Treatment of Brackish Water, Jennifer Hegarty, Dongmei Li and Jonathan Brant, Proceedings of NAMS 2013, Boise, ID, June, 2013.
12. Catalytic Micro-Membrane Reactor (MMR) Development for Hydrogen Purification, Shuai Tan and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of NAMS 2013, Boise, ID, June, 2013.
13. co-Catalyst Modified Nafion Membrane for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Application, Shibely Saha and Dongmei Li, Proceedings of NAMS 2013, Boise, ID, June, 2013.
14. Beyond TIPS (Thermally-Induced Phase Separation), Dongmei Li, Proceedings of AIChE, Pittsburg, PA, October, 2012.
15. Tailoring Metal-Insulator-Semiconductor Devices for Selectivity, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, Proceedings of AIChE, Cincinnati, Ohio, October, 2005.
16. Performance of Polymer Film Modified Sensors in Hydrogen Detection, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, Proceedings of North American Membrane Society, Providence, RI, June 2005.
17. Catalytic Sensors for Hydrogen Detection in Industrial Applications, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, Proceedings of Western State Catalysis Club Meeting, Albuquerque, NM, Feb. 2005.
18. Hydrogen-Selective Sensors for Industrial Applications, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, R. Bastasz and T. McDaniel, Proceedings of AIChE, Austin, TX, Nov. 2004.
19. Study of Solid-Liquid Thermally Induced Phase Separation (TIPS) Membrane Formation Process - Comparison of Model Predictions and Experimental Results, Dongmei Li, R. L. Sani, A. R. Greenberg and W. B. Krantz, Proceedings of NAMS, Jackson, WY, May, 2003.
20. Modeling of Thermally Induced Phase Separation (TIPS) Membrane Formation Process, Dongmei Li, R. L. Sani, A. R. Greenberg and W. B. Krantz, Proceedings of NAMS, Lexington, KY, May, 2001
21. Modeling Study of Thermally Induced Phase Separation (TIPS) Membrane Formation Process, Dongmei Li, W. B. Krantz, R.L. Sani and A. R. Greenberg, Proceedings of NAMS, Boulder, CO, May, 2000.
23. Study of Thermally Induced Phase Separation (TIPS) Membrane Formation Process, Dongmei Li, W. B. Krantz, R.L. Sani and A. R. Greenberg, Proceedings of The Third Joint China-US Chemical Engineering Conference, Beijing, China, Sept. 2000.
1. Continuous micro- and nano- scale particle fabrication platform for diverse applications, Daniel
Debroy, Dongmei Li and John Oakey, US provisional patent application, filed on July 11, 2017.
2. Value-added New Materials from Coal Using Environmentally Friendly Solvents, Dongmei Li and
Shuai Tan, US provisional patent application, serial # 62/442,613, filed on January 5, 2017.
3. Methods, Catalysts, and Supports for Electrochemical Devices, Dongmei Li, Shibely Saha and Brian
Leonard, US Patent 2017/0263943 A1, issued on September 14, 2017.
4. Methods and Apparatus for Process Intensification, Shuai Tan and Dongmei Li, US Patent 9486787
B1, Issued on November 8, 2016.
5. Compact catalytic membrane reactor for chemical process intensification, Shuai Tan and Dongmei
Li, US Patent 9138718, Published on September 22, 2015.
6. MIS-based Sensors with Improved Hydrogen Sensitivity, Dongmei Li, W. Medlin, R.L. Bastasz,
Anthony McDaniel, US Patent 7,340,938, 2008.